Thursday, September 22, 2011

How many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?

I have never changed the 'timing belt' in my 1994 Honda Accord EX. I have been informed by the dealer that the 'timing belt' should have been changed at 90,000 miles. As of right now I am 65,000 miles over the recommended change cycle. How long can I honestly expect this 'timing belt' to last or am I driving on borrowed time. I would like someone's expert opinion before I spend $500.00 to change the timing belt.How many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?I couldn't tell you if your specific model will or will not bend valves if the belt breaks, but the belt will eventually break and leave you stranded by the side of the road and at the least up for a repair bill to replace the belt regardless.

Your choice is whether to continue to take the risk of driving the vehicle before you spend the inevitable or await the breakage and the consequences it brings.

I would replace the belt NOWHow many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?Dude if that belt goes, you are toast, spend the freakin $500. It can seriously damage your engine. And there is no warning.



And while the mechanic is in there he should probably change your water pump as well. At least in my Integra he had to remove it to get to the belt so might as well replace it.How many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?replace it its cheapHow many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?You are on borrowed time. When it goes, depending on the situation, you could well bend your valves ... add about $1500 to the bill.How many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?Its a Honda according to some people, they run forever. Dude spend the $500 on some beer and stuff. You don't need to change the belt.How many miles will the timing belt in my 1994 Honda Accord EX last? I have a 155,000 miles on the original?Its rated (guaranteed) to last up to 60,000 miles. But most will recommend you change every 50,000 miles just to be safe!



I lost an engine once because I ignored the service recommendations! DON'T RUN IT ANYMORE! Have it towed to your service center!!!