Thursday, September 22, 2011

Changed timing belt....now 2 weeks later...big transmission leak..help!!?

My automatic 2003 Dodge SX 2.0 has reached 60,000 miles 2 weeks ago, so I went to change the timing belt, the water pump, and did a seasonal check up and they told me everything was fine. It cost me around $550 for all of it.



Between then and now (2 weeks later), I drove the car like 4-5 times. Yesterday when I was driving, something weird happened when I was driving, felt like the transmission got stuck in gear or something and the RPM did a strange thing. Then some smoke came from the front of my car. I drove 5 more min to park it, then after I parked I saw a whole like of oil trail following my car. This morning when I woke up, there is a big puddle of what seems like transmission oil under my car.



What can cause this?? Is this in any way related to the timing belt changed 2 weeks ago? I already paid $550!! Or am I just unlucky and my car just needs another fix. If so...any ideas how much it would cost??Changed timing belt....now 2 weeks later...big transmission leak..help!!?a transmission cooler line might have come off.Changed timing belt....now 2 weeks later...big transmission leak..help!!?Honestly, what they did should have nothing to do with your transmission. Infact, what they did is on the complete other side. Get it towed to the shop and have them look at it. DO NOT drive it, the more you drive it, the more you chance needing a new transmission. You could have just blow the gasket for the pan. Just whatever you do, DO NOT drive your car!Changed timing belt....now 2 weeks later...big transmission leak..help!!?nope motor in front of transmission timing in front of motor about three foot away from transmission couldnt even touch one from the other just another problem you have is allChanged timing belt....now 2 weeks later...big transmission leak..help!!?I suspect the shop damaged your tranny pan, gasket, or lines when they raised your vehicle to do the belt. It would be good to get an independent inspection before returning to the first shop!