Monday, October 24, 2011

Timing belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?

I recently had my timing belt changed for my Protege, Mazda. After having it changed and one week later, there seems to be a loud belt grinding noise after the car has been driven for at least 15 minutes or so. After the engine is shut off and cools for a hour or so and then restarted, the noise is no longer there, until the car is driven again for at least 15 minutes and the noise then reoccurs. However, when the engine is cool and at idle, I can hear some mildly soft sqeaking noises..... What can possibly be the problem and how serious is this problem? Could my timing belt be too tight? The timing belt, tensioner, and idler controler were all changed already.

Oh yes, before my timing belt was replaced, it jumped because the tensioner was loose. Before the timing belt jumped, it was making this exact same noise as now, which is a loud slapping grinding noise. Any help will be much appreciated!Timing belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?Sounds like the timing belt tensioner, This roller bearing should be replaced along with the timing belt.

Car cools down - bearing cools and stops squeeking.

Open 'er up again before it seizes and takes out the timing belt (catastrophic on a Mazda motor)Timing belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?I had that same problem. You just need to have your timing belt readjusted.New belts need time to stretch out before they are tightened. Basically new belts are tight when first put on your car, but as you drive they loosen to where they will be till it is time to change them.Timing belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?try noy to drive it and take it back to the mech. they could have missed thr right timming and you valves are hiting your cilinders Catastrofic or if its just ratle it could be the tensionerTiming belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?Sounds like a screwed up pulley.Timing belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?timing belt tensioner/idler pulley. have it replaced ever time you have the belt changed they dont cost much. now you will have to pay labor for the timing belt replacement again!!Timing belt noise, I think! What can be wrong and how serious is it?so if anyone had read the question, you would have less bull to read. I had a repeat tentioner failure on a mazda 626. It was hydraulic and did not come from Mazda. Ince I got one from Mazda it never failed again. Is yours hydraulic? If you have the exact same noise now as then, are you sure it isnt the timing cover or another pulley or belt rubbing the timing cover. is it a4 cyl.?
  • accountant can do from home
  • bird
  •