Monday, October 24, 2011

HOW DO I CHANGE OUT THE TIMING BELT ON A 1987 MAZDA Rx-7?

I JUST GOT THE CAR AND IT WAS RUNNING GOOD UNTILL A WEEK AGO IT DID WANT TO START ONE DAY AFTER I GOT IT STARED IT JREKED ON THE DRIVER SIDE AND WHEN I LET OFF THE THROTTLE THE CAR WOULD DIE AND NOW I WONT START I THINK IT'S THE TIMING BELT BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS AND I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME

~THANK YOUHOW DO I CHANGE OUT THE TIMING BELT ON A 1987 MAZDA Rx-7?A RX-7 does NOT have a timing belt. Nor does it have pistons or valves for that matter. It is a ROTARY engine. I'm sorry but you don't have too many options here, but to take it in to a mechanic to have it diagnosed, if you want it fixed. Are you gettting fuel and spark?HOW DO I CHANGE OUT THE TIMING BELT ON A 1987 MAZDA Rx-7?Sounds like you flooded it.

You need to let it sit, or take it to the dealer and have them clear it out.



Alternative.. get someone to pull start you... if it doesnt fire after that, you have bigger problems than I thought..



Its a rotary engine man, I suggest you do alot of reading (start with your manual) and learn all you can on this engine.. a 1987 should be needing a rebuild, if it hasnt had one already.HOW DO I CHANGE OUT THE TIMING BELT ON A 1987 MAZDA Rx-7?There are a lot of things that are different about a rotary motor. Could be the apex seals. It could be overheating as the rotary motor is hard to keep cool. It could be your ignotors. Don't know what else to tell you really other than to take it to someone and get them to diagnose it for you and then you can fix it yourself. Most shops will only charge like 50 bucks to diagnose something.

Make sure that the shop is accredited for working on rotarys.