Monday, October 24, 2011

Does the timing belt damage the engine on 2002 Dodge Stratus SE?

I'm trying to buy 2002 Dodge Stratus SE but needs timing belt and I know how to change the timing belt, what I'm asking could the engine be damaged because of the timing belt, any info with help, it's a good deal that is why I wanna buy it like that but I just wanna make sure the engine is OK before I buy it, any info with help.....thanksDoes the timing belt damage the engine on 2002 Dodge Stratus SE?ya if the timing belt came apart or off or stretched while it was running the valves are probably bent,when ever something goes wrong with a timing belt on and interference motor it causes internal problems, these cars are piles anyways you don't want one, i would not recommend buying oneDoes the timing belt damage the engine on 2002 Dodge Stratus SE?If it's a 2.7L it is an interference engine meaning if the timing belt breaks while a valve is wide open, it can make contact with the piston causing damage to the piston and or valve.