Monday, October 24, 2011

How much should it cost to get a timing belt changed in my 95 dodge neon?

how much should it cost to get a timing belt changed in my 95 dodge neon



i would do it myself but im kind of scared of screwing up the engineHow much should it cost to get a timing belt changed in my 95 dodge neon?its actually not that hard to change the belt although getting the exact time right is the trick. A mechanic shop shold only charge around 150--200.How much should it cost to get a timing belt changed in my 95 dodge neon?If you do it or get it done

BEFORE it breaks, probably

around $300. If you wait until

it fails, which can bend valves

and crack a head,

can be over a thousand.How much should it cost to get a timing belt changed in my 95 dodge neon?The cost of the parts, sales tax if any, and the costs of labor rate multiplied by the time to do the job.How much should it cost to get a timing belt changed in my 95 dodge neon?The most difficult part is removing the harmonic balancer from the crankshaft, which requires a special puller. I would guesstimate $300 to have the belt replaced if it hasn't broken yet. $1500 if it has broken and you've bent your valves.